Membership Nurture & Outreach
What is membership nurture and outreach? What does it mean to nurture our members....new members, existing members, and potential members?
There is a new one hour workshop to help you think intentionally about nurturing your membership:
A Workshop for Membership Nurture and Outreach
If you are interested in participating in a Nurturing Is... workshop, contact Sherry Sink, our conference Mission Coordinator for Membership Nurture & Outreach, or your district Mission Coordinator for Membership Nurture & Outreach.
GOALS of workshop:
- Model the meaning of nurture throughout the organization and within the portfolio of the Mission Coordinator for Membership Nurture & Outreach
- Strengthen the connectional link within the organization
- Explore relationship between nurture & PURPOSE of United Methodist Women
- Highlight the multi-dimensional aspects of nurturing membership, its application to the organization of United Methodist Women
- Provide the Mission Coordinator for Membership Nurture & Outreach with tools to develop focusing on Nurturing Membership
- Consider the relationship between nurture and hospitality
- Heighten awareness of contributions of women in different age/ethnic/racial groups to the organization
- Develop awareness of the strengths of being a part of a connectional organization
- Enlarge concepts for better understanding of women's mutual interests, similarities and relationships with women in a global context
Obtain free Adobe Acrobat Reader
Nurturing Is... Brochure (PDF)
Nurturing Is... Workshop - Facilitator's Guide (PDF)
Nurturing Is... Workshop -
Participant Handout (PDF)
Have a question? Need more information?
The PURPOSE of
United Methodist Women
The organized unit of United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
This page was last updated on Saturday, November 21, 2009.